Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Lovely Afternoon

I started my afternoon in Joshua's classroom helping out with their "Spring Fling" centers. I got to help a bunch of kindergartners make pinwheels! It was fun! Timothy had been with a friend and was ready for a nap when we got home. That gave me some quiet time and cleaning time before Kathleen and Joshua got home from school. I enjoyed helping Kathleen do some brainstorming and prep work for her writing assignment before she went out to play. Shortly after that, Joshua came back from playing in the neighborhood and we chatted while I got supper started. He was actually being a bit mopey - which is normal for him when he can't do what he wants to do. After I finished what I needed to do in the kitchen, I went out back with Joshua and Timothy and both of the boys ended up in the hammock with me. It was beautiful weather today! Timothy climbed up first and spotted the moon out in the daytime so we started singing about the moon. Then we said the nursery rhyme about the cow jumping over the moon. He hopped down from the hammock to be the cow jumping over the moon but every time he jumped, he said,"ribbit, ribbit!" He's a hoot! Anyway, Joshua came over to join me and Timothy came back to stake his claim on mommy's lap - actually, this time, it didn't seem to bother Timothy to have Joshua in the hammock, too. So there we are, Joshua, Timothy and me, swinging in the hammock and they decide they want to sing. We sang Blind Man, Lord I Lift Your Name on High, Jesus Loves Me, Deep and Wide, Hallelu, among others. Both of my boys were singing right along with me! It was precious! At one point Joshua said, "what's another Jesus song we can sing?" I started to get concerned that I should go check on supper, but I decided to ride this lovely time as long as it lasted - even if that meant an overcooked supper. It didn't actually last that much longer and supper didn't end up overcooked. It was definitely a lovely afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment