Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Adoption Update

It has been hard to find time to sit down at the computer but I want to take a few minutes to bring our story up to date. God is so good! First of all, I want to thank all of you who have been and continue to pray for us! I would also like to thank those of you who contributed financially to our adoption! We are so thankful for God's provision through you!

Back in November as our homestudy was completed, we came to the realization that we could not start showing our profile book until we had all the money in place for our final placement fee. At some point around that time, Michael's mom told us that we would be getting some inheritance money from Michael's Granddad's estate. The amount would cover a significant portion of what we lacked for the adoption but she didn't know when that money would be available. We decided to go ahead and apply for no-interest loans and see which would come through first. By the time the loan agency contacted us, we knew that the inheritance would probably come through sooner than later. Last week, we got the check - for more than we anticipated - and I delivered our profile book to our adoption agency the same day we deposited the check (Feb 15). The amount was such that we don't even need to borrow any money from Michael's parents as we had originally planned! God consistently provides all of our needs and beyond!

Through all of this, we are learning to trust in His timing and are trying to rest in this as we enter a new phase of waiting in our adoption journey.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, friend! I cannot wait to see what God does through your family!!

    ReplyDelete