We've been thinking and praying and talking about it for several years now, and a few weeks ago we sent off the initial application to begin the process of adoption. Today, I got a call saying that we have been accepted to proceed with that process through a local agency here in North Carolina. :) That basically means that we'll be getting a large packet in the mail later this week to go through and fill out with all the information they'll need to complete our homestudy. My understanding is that this will take a while to get all of that together. Anyway, on our initial application we had to write down our reasons for wanting to adopt and I thought I'd share those with you here, too:
"Adoption provides a beautiful picture of the Gospel. We are so thankful that God saw fit to bring us into His family and accept us as sons (Heb 12:5-11, Rom 8:14-17). We also greatly value life and want to be a part (if only a small part) of God's people providing homes and families for the babies of women who find themselves pregnant but are not ready to parent. We want to encourage them to choose life for their child. We have always wanted at least 4 children and it seems that God is leading us to grow our family through adoption this time."
There are certainly days when I do not feel at all adequate for the task but my God is so much bigger and stronger and wiser than I am and as I learn daily to rest in Him, He more than makes up for my weaknesses and shortcomings - to Him be the glory!
We're all looking forward to the new baby! :)
That is exciting news, Jenny!
ReplyDelete