Monday, January 5, 2009

Wonderful Children & Bathtime for Timothy

My children really are wonderful! Granted, they have their moments like when Joshua growled at me today when I said it was time to go inside, and all too often I'm grumpy and impatient with them. But I just want to say that I'm thankful for my wonderful children. Both Kathleen and Joshua have been excellent helpers while their Daddy is away in Amsterdam. Timothy is at a very mobile and curious age and everything goes to his mouth. It helps having two extra sets of eyes. And when he's tired and doesn't want to put his boots on at night, both Kathleen and Joshua are great at distracting him and making him laugh. He certainly adores his big brother and sister!

Timothy also loves baths! I didn't know how much until I walked in the bathroom tonight with Timothy in my arms to check on Joshua who was in the bathtub. Timothy started to wriggle and tried his best to get to the water. I couldn't stop and put him in right then and he cried when I left the bathroom! Later I let him get in with Kathleen and I couldn't get his clothes off of him fast enough. He wriggled and struggled towards the water until I finally put him in. He mostly likes just sitting there chewing on a bath toy but he did have some fun splashing, too. And he thought it was funny when Sister sprayed water on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment