The kids got out of school a whole hour early on Friday in anticipation of a big winter storm! Sure enough, about an hour before they got out, we started to see snow flurries. They were gone by the time I got to carpool. My dad called later that night to ask about the snow and as I was telling him it missed us, I looked out the window to see a thin blanket of white! It was still snowing when we finished watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" so we bundled up and headed out. Big flakes were coming down steadily when we first went out but that didn't last long. Still, we enjoyed exploring, writing "Merry Christmas" in the snow, and of course, throwing snowballs at each other. We came in because the snow started to turn into rain and it rained all night. There was no sign of our winter wonderland this morning. :( Oh well. It was still a fun way to start Christmas break. :)
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Snow! ?
The kids got out of school a whole hour early on Friday in anticipation of a big winter storm! Sure enough, about an hour before they got out, we started to see snow flurries. They were gone by the time I got to carpool. My dad called later that night to ask about the snow and as I was telling him it missed us, I looked out the window to see a thin blanket of white! It was still snowing when we finished watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" so we bundled up and headed out. Big flakes were coming down steadily when we first went out but that didn't last long. Still, we enjoyed exploring, writing "Merry Christmas" in the snow, and of course, throwing snowballs at each other. We came in because the snow started to turn into rain and it rained all night. There was no sign of our winter wonderland this morning. :( Oh well. It was still a fun way to start Christmas break. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment