I spent my morning preparing and planting my upside-down garden. You may have seen those "Topsy-Turvy" planters advertised on TV... well, I decided to make my own. I found plenty of directions online. I'm using old cat litter buckets a friend gave me. I planted 2 tomato plants today. I'm also going to plant a squash and cucumber plant. I'm probably going to put the cuke in the top of one of the tomatoes and let it grow down the sides. I'd like to plant herbs in the tops of the other ones. Timothy helped me finish up when he woke up from his nap. You can't see it well in this picture but the tomatoes are coming out of a hole in the bottom of each of the buckets.
Timothy decided to taste the dirt and I think he liked it!
Just before lunch Kathleen and Joshua went with their Daddy to Louisburg College(where he works) to see part of a spring Football game and a baseball game. Timothy and I decided to stay home - during which time Timothy took a long nap and I got quite a bit accomplished, including a short nap! :) I hear it got pretty hot at the game but they seem to have had a good time. Joshua came home telling me all about what he learned about baseball and wishing he could have caught a foul ball!
No comments:
Post a Comment