We had an appointment last week but it was canceled because our stylist got sick - much to Kathleen's disappointment. The first time the phone rang today, Kathleen said "I hope that's not Ms. Kathleen" (that's our stylist's name - she's also a friend from church). Kathleen counted the hours but when we got there she became very reserved and a bit nervous. So I went first...

Kathleen was ready to climb up in the chair by the time my turn was over...
I wish I could have caught on camera the gleam in her eyes as she saw her new haircut take shape...
Notice, also, our ponytails lying there on the counter. Mine didn't quite make the 10 inches but I decided we needed to go ahead with this today so I'll just send it in a little short.My new 'do is definitely going to take some getting used to but I'm glad I did it. Kathleen loves her new cut! She and I have had fun both looking forward to and dreading this day together for a while now. She's mostly looked forward to it. Joshua reminded me several times today to "be strong and of good courage." :)

Wow! What a change! It looks great on both of you though. So funny because last Monday Chris cut his hair and sent it in to Locks of Love, and now my two girls are considering it. Although they are a little scared to let me at em b/c after I cut Chris' ponytail I gave him a buzz cut *grin*
ReplyDeleteLaura has been waiting till the weather isn't going to get cold anymore to cut her hair...it's her protection from the elements.
p.s. Did you ever see the I love Lucy episode where she decided she wanted to get the new "Italian" haircut.
ReplyDeleteYou both look great! I was thinking about letting my hair keep growing, but I had it chopped the other day too. Mine wasn't long enough for Locks of Love, but it left a heap on the ground. If you look on facebook you can see how long it was. Daisy, tell Laura that I was waiting for spring to but my hair too. It was keeping me warm in Alaska.
ReplyDeleteJen tell Kathleen that her new haircut looks super cute and that I think it was really sweet of her to grow her hair out and donate to help someone else out.
I love Kathleen's cut! Jen, yours is going to take a little more getting used too!-but I bet it feels wonderful, even though very different. I'm proud of both of you!
ReplyDeleteI somehow convinced mom to give me a mohawk mullet. It is super rad! nice haircuts everyone.
ReplyDelete